Activities at Lavender in Lavender Products
Most of our products are created by community members, community NPO’s or upstarting entrepreneurs and small businesses. This creates extra income for those involved.
- Ladies from Lavender Hill making lavender sachets and sewn products
- Ladies from Lavender Hill baking biscuits
- Ladies from Hope Soap creating handmade soap
- Vuyisile creating handmade soap (a community member now residing in Khayelitsha but who used to work in Lavender Hill)
- Vuyisile growing lavender plants for sales and production
Once every 6 months we take 15% of the net profit created from sales and plough it back into the Lavender Hill community.
This is done through handing out of plants, education on how to grow plants, education on the uses of the lavender plant in the everyday home environment and through the planting of gardens.
- If you have a school or corporate group who wants to do a planting day, chat to us. We work to find community members who want gardens and who will take responsibility for their gardens.
- We are always looking for people who have skills to teach. If you can teach the ladies and gents from the community to make lavender related products of any shape or form, train them and we will assist in the sales of the products they create.